This is a permanent visa for people who have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in an eligible field. Processing fee is $4,110.00
With this visa, you can
- work and study in Australia
- stay in Australia permanently
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia
- if eligible, apply for Australian citizen
- be outside Australia when this visa is granted
- have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in one of the following areas (and still be prominent in the area):
- a profession
- a sport
- the arts
- academia and research
- be nominated by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen, or Australian organisation with a national reputation in relation to your area of talent
Your contribution may be:
- cultural, or
- to raise Australia’s academic, artistic or sports standing internationally
You must contribute to the nation as a whole.
You must be able to find work in your field in Australia, or become independently established in your field in Australia.
You can’t include income from work outside your field. Even if this is only part of your overall income
You must be internationally recognised with a record of achievement in:
- a profession
- a sport
- the arts, or academia and research
Your achievements must be exceptional and outstanding. This means you:
- are currently prominent in your field
- have superior abilities to others in your field
- are acclaimed as exceptional in any country where your field is practised
- have a record of sustained achievement that is unlikely to diminish in the future
You must also participate in a field that:
- is recognised and accepted in Australia
- has international standing
You must have been prominent in this field in the past 2 years.
You must be nominated to apply for this visa. Your nominator must also meet our criteria.
Your nominator must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, eligible New Zealand citizen or an Australian organisation with a national reputation in the same field as you. Where appropriate, the nomination should come from the peak Australian body.
Family members not accompanying you to Australia may also need to meet our health requirement
called the second instalment to be granted this visa.
You and family members aged 16 years and over who apply for the visa with you must meet our character requirement.
Family members not accompanying you to Australia must also meet our character requirement.